CHICKEN AND ARUGULA FLATBREAD
Chicken and Arugula Flatbread is a great lunch, snack, or even dinner depending on how hungry you are. If you are super hungry you can always have more than one!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook or Rest Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 2
- Calories: 264kcal
- ½ tbsp Avocado Oil, or extra virgin olive oil
- 6 oz Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 2 Kaliwonder Slim Wraps
- 20 g Red Onion, shaved, (¼ small red onion)
- ¼ tbsp Avocado Oil, or extra virgin olive oil
- 20 g Arugula, (1 handful per flatbread)
- 10 g Goat Cheese, crumbled, (about 1 tbsp per flatbread)
- 28 g Salami, torn (4 pieces of salami per flatbread)
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- Heat a saute pan with a lid to medium heat. While waiting for the pan to warm up season the chickenbreast with black pepper and garlic powder. Once the pan is hot add ½ tbsp oil to the pan.
- Place the chicken immediately in the pan with the oil, leave it there on medium heat for 2 minutes, thenflip to the other side and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Both sides should start to become golden brown, but the center will still look uncooked…if not golden, give each side another minute…your pan wasn’t hot enough.
- After both sides are golden brown, turn the heat down to low and cover the chicken with a lid. Let it cook for about 6 minutes, then flip and cover again for another 6 minutes on the other side. This cook time is based on an 6 oz breast, if you are using another size breast, cook your chicken for 1 minute per oz, per side covered.
- After 6 minutes on each side covered, the chicken should be done. But this does depend on the size of the chicken breast, it is always best to check the internal temperature of chicken before serving.
- Once the chicken is done remove it from the pan, placing on your cutting board to cool while you work on the toasting the Kaliwonder Slim Wrap.
- Pre-heat oven to 450°. Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat. Brush both sides of the wrap with ½ tbsp oil. Working one wrap at a time, grill the wrap in the pan flipping once, when the wrap has started to turn a golden brown and crispy. This will take about 2 minutes per side. Complete this for each wrap. Placing the toasted wrap on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper or tin foil.
- By now your chicken should have cooled enough to handle. Using a knife slice or shave your chicken breast into the thinnest slices you can get.
- Assemble your flatbread: Start by spreading your shaved chicken on top of the wraps, then add the torn salami on top of the chicken, next place your shaved red onions, and finally sprinkle your goat cheese over top of everything. Bake at 450° for 6 to 7 minutes, until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle a handful of fresh arugula on top of each wrap.
Who said flatbread needs to be hard or time consuming? Take the semi homemade route, by using a wrap shell!
Are you meal prepping? Do you count your macros or calories? Check out my notes below on how you can incorporate this Chicken and Arugula Flatbread recipe into your meal prep, as well as how you can adjust protein, carbs, and fats to meet your macro requirements.
NOTES FOR MEAL PREP:
I consider this Chicken and Arugula Flatbread a partial prep dish, because it is best right out of the oven. If you work from home this is a great 15 minute lunch, if you have the chicken already cooked. Having the chicken already cooked cuts the time it takes to make this chicken and arugula flatbread in half. Then all your have to do is toast the wrap, assemble the ingredients and finish in the oven, while you continue working.
Following those same guidelines this can also be a quick 15 minute snack or dinner.
NOTES FOR COUNTING MARCOS:
- You can easily adjust the protein macro by adjusting the portion of chicken breast used. For every 1 ounce of chicken you can increase or decrease your protein intake by 8.8 grams.
- In my recipe I used Kaliwonder Slim Wraps which only has 7 grams of carb per tortilla. if you switched so a flour tortilla you could increase your total carbs by 26 grams per tortilla.
- Most of the fat in this dish come from the oil used to cook the chicken and to toast to the wrap. You can decrease the fat by switching the oil out for a fat free non stick cooking spray. By removing the oil from this chicken and arugula flatbread you are decreasing the fat by 7 grams per serving. If you would like to increase the fat you could add additional cheese. For every 5 grams of cheese you increase the fat by 2.1 grams.
When making adjustments to the macros you will want to keep in mind the number of servings you are making.
Our customers absolutely love the Kaliwonder Slim Wraps!
We have received outstanding feedback on the wraps from quality, to taste, to flexibility, and the ability to create their favorite gluten free and vegan recipes using our wraps.
Some of the feedback:
“Great wrap! Didn’t break when you overstuffed them and didn’t have an overpowering flavor so you could use them for anything”
“These are by far the best gluten free wraps. They’re sturdy and super flavorful! Good work Kaliwonder!”
“I couldn’t believe how delicious these tasted! And the herbs were fab.”These wraps are some of the best gluten free wraps I have had!! They are delicious yet still health conscious!
“These wraps are some of the best gluten free wraps I have had!! They are delicious yet still health conscious!”
” This is the best product I’ve found for tortilla replacements. My favorite thing about this brand is that they DO NOT FLAKE OR BREAK. “
“These wraps are tasty, healthy and best of all – perfectly bendable for all your wrap needs! I’ve tried these as cold wraps and in cooked quesadillas, and all got a thumbs up of approval from my family.”
“Loved these wraps! I am not gluten free but I am looking for a healthier alternative for normal bread and these wraps were delicious and also low in calories!”
- LOADED POTATO SKIN ADILLA
- CAULIFLOWER EGG SALAD
- CHICKEN & ARUGULA FLATBREAD
- CHICKEN SAUSAGE EGG LASAGNA
- FRUIT & YOGURT CINNAMON WRAP
- CHICKEN WITH JALAPEÑO CREAM CHEESE WRAPS
- ASIAN CRISPY CHICKEN WRAP WITH THAI PEANUT SAUCE
- BLACK BEANS AND GREENS CURRY WRAP
For more gluten free, vegan, gluten free vegan, vegetarian, keto and other healthy low calories and low carbs recipes, check our recipes page!