This spicy chicken sausage egg lasagna is unlike any lasagna you have every had. However, you are going to love it and be happy you made it a part of your meal prep this week.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook or Rest Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Calories: 203kcal
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 40 g Shallots, diced, (about ¼ cup)
- 20 g Jalapeno, diced, (about 1 pepper)
- 3 Cajun Chicken Sausage Links, diced
- 6 Whole Eggs
- 3 Egg Whites
- 112 g Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, (about 1 cup)
- 2 Kaliwonder Slim Wrap
- Preheat over to 350°
- Heat a large saute pan to medium heat. Once the pan is hot add the olive oil to the pan with the diced shallots and jalapenos. Cook the veggies for 3 minutes until they start to become soft.
- Then add the diced sausage to the pan and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes. Stirring often to prevent burning.
- While the sausage and veggies are cooking, prep a 6 x 9 inch casserole pan by spraying with non stick cooking spray.
- Cut your Kaliwonder Slim Wraps to fit your casserole pan, using one as the bottom layer of the egg lasagna. overlapping to fit as needed.
- By now your sausage and veggies are ready. Top the bottom wrap with half of the sausage, pepper, and onion mxture. Then a layer of cheese, using half of the cheese.
- Next, repeat with the other wrap, then a layer of sausage/veggies, and the rest of the cheese.
- Finally crack your eggs in to a large bowl: 6 whole eggs and 3 egg whites. Whisk together for 1 full minute to add a little air into the eggs. Then pour the eggs over the layered ingredients. (The eggs will find their way in, around, and under all of the ingredients.)
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. The eggs should fluff up and the top should begin to turn a golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool a little before serving. Or allow to cool completely before portioning out and storing for meal prep.
You are going to love this meal prep breakfast so much, you’ll wish you made two batches!
Are you meal prepping? Do you count your macros or calories? Check out my notes below on how you can incorporate this chicken sausage egg lasagna into your meal prep.
NOTES FOR MEAL PREP:
This is a wonderful recipe for meal prepping.
You can store each serving in the fridge for up to 1 week and eat it as it fits your meal plan. Pop them in the microwave for 30-45 seconds to warm them up.
Or you can freeze them in freezer safe zip lock bags, remove all of the air and store for up to two months.
Tips for Re-heating after being frozen:
- You can go straight from the freezer to the microwave, cook them for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- Or pull them out the night before and store in the fridge to defrost overnight, then microwave for 30-45 seconds.
NOTES FOR COUNTING MACROS:
There is a decent amount of protein in this recipe but if you would like to increase of decrease the protein the easiest way is to adjust the amount of egg whites used.
Each egg white has 4 grams of protein.
- For this recipe you can add up to 6 egg whites, but you will need to use a larger casserole dish. 6 egg whites would increase the protein in this recipe by 24 grams. This will also make this a much fluffier recipe, similar to a quiche.
- However you can also reduce the protein by removing the 3 egg whites that are in this recipe. Reducing the protein by 12 grams. This will make the recipe a little more dense, but still delicious.
The carbohydrate in this chicken sausage egg lasagna recipe comes mainly from the wraps. The wrap that I used are one of my favorites, Kaliwonder slim wrap. I chose this wrap because it only has 7 net carbs.
- If you are looking to increase the carbs in this recipe, the easiest way to do so, would be to trade out the wrap for one with higher carbs. You can find wraps with as few as 7 carbs like this Kaliwonder slim wrap, or have as many as 35 carbs.
- You could also increase the number of layers in this chicken sausage egg lasagna, in doing so you will make it more dense, but still yummy.
The fat in this recipe comes mostly from the whole eggs. Each egg containing 4.8 grams of fat.
- You can easily increase the fat by using 9 whole eggs instead of 6 whole eggs and 3 egg whites. This will increase the fat by 14.4 grams. This really won’t change the recipe texture or flavor much, but you might need a slightly larger casserole dish.
- Likewise you can reduce the amount of fat by using fewer whole eggs and more egg whites. By removing the yolk from all 6 whole eggs you can decrease the fat by 28.8 grams. If you choose to remove all 6 yolks you will want to whisk the eggs for longer to add even more air to the eggs. Although, even with the additional whisking you will still have a denser recipe. My recommendation would be to use at least 3 whole eggs..only reducing the fat by 14.4 grams.
When making adjustments to the macros you will want to keep in mind the number of servings you are making.
Our customers absolutely love the Kaliwonder Slim Wraps!
We have received outstanding feedback on the wraps from quality, to taste, to flexibility, and the ability to create their favorite gluten free and vegan recipes using our wraps.
Some of the feedback:
“Great wrap! Didn’t break when you overstuffed them and didn’t have an overpowering flavor so you could use them for anything”
“These are by far the best gluten free wraps. They’re sturdy and super flavorful! Good work Kaliwonder!”
“I couldn’t believe how delicious these tasted! And the herbs were fab.”These wraps are some of the best gluten free wraps I have had!! They are delicious yet still health conscious!
“These wraps are some of the best gluten free wraps I have had!! They are delicious yet still health conscious!”
” This is the best product I’ve found for tortilla replacements. My favorite thing about this brand is that they DO NOT FLAKE OR BREAK. “
“These wraps are tasty, healthy and best of all – perfectly bendable for all your wrap needs! I’ve tried these as cold wraps and in cooked quesadillas, and all got a thumbs up of approval from my family.”
“Loved these wraps! I am not gluten free but I am looking for a healthier alternative for normal bread and these wraps were delicious and also low in calories!”
- LOADED POTATO SKIN ADILLA
- CAULIFLOWER EGG SALAD
- CHICKEN & ARUGULA FLATBREAD
- CHICKEN SAUSAGE EGG LASAGNA
- FRUIT & YOGURT CINNAMON WRAP
- CHICKEN WITH JALAPEÑO CREAM CHEESE WRAPS
- ASIAN CRISPY CHICKEN WRAP WITH THAI PEANUT SAUCE
- BLACK BEANS AND GREENS CURRY WRAP
For more gluten free, vegan, gluten free vegan, vegetarian, keto and other healthy low calories and low carbs recipes, check our recipes page!